In today’s world though we have advanced leaps and bounds in the field of technology. But, have we found an alternative to healthy eating?
The honest answer is ‘No’. You might tell we have supplements but nothing can compromise nutritious food.
As the quote goes, “Eat to live, do not live to eat.”
Clean eating is a term that is being popularised in most health circles. Clean eating doesn’t take the literal meaning of consuming super clean food. Consumption of food that will provide maximum nutritional benefits is the ultimate goal.
We have compiled few points that can put you on a clean eating track:
- Adding more veggies and fruits into every meal that you consume is quintessential. Studies also show that including vegetables and fruit in our daily food reduces the risk of cancer and other ailments. A simple way to add fruits and vegetables into your daily diet is to consume them in the form of salads. Make your salad colourful and you won’t get bored of eating it daily.
- Choose food that is organically grown because the risk of pesticide exposure is less. This is beneficial to our health.
- Say ‘No’ to processed food. It is believed that consumption of processed food can lead to lifestyle diseases.
- Before the food enters your mouth make sure you have read the label in the case of packaged food that can be heavily processed with preservatives disguised as ingredients.
- Avoid refined food. Choose whole grains which are rich in nutrition and fiber.
- Stay away from added sugar products. It is important that we eat fruits and nuts in its natural, unsweetened state.
- Finally, the most important ingredient-WATER. Stay hydrated and make water your main beverage throughout the day.
Bringing in the recommended changes to your diet will help in the long term for a lean and healthy living.